For Immediate Release
This news release may be used in whole or part for entertainment feature stories.
Author available for fun interview
Why New Year’s Resolutions Are Doomed
Fail and How to Fix It
Best Selling Author Jim Donovan Shares a Simple Plan
Doylestown, PA – January 1, 2013 – It’s that time of year again when many people look back over the past year- seeing the weight they didn’t lose, money they didn’t earn, and relationship they didn’t develop. Once again, they feel the pain of not having made the changes they were so hopeful for at the start of this year. What is it that sabotages their intentions and what can they do about it?
Success and happiness guru, Jim Donovan says, “First, they must decide what it is they truly want. Not what someone thinks they should want but what they actually want. Take time to think about what really matters to them.”
Donovan, who has also been called “The original feel good guy” suggests these simple steps to increase the likelihood of success in the year ahead:
1. Write down what they truly want in the form of an affirmative goal. For example, “I am happily reaching my ideal weight of 125 pounds.,” Writing a goal in itself can have a powerful effect on its accomplishment.
2. Write down why they want it. This important step, overlooked by many, is a key to achieving what they want for their life. The bigger the “why,” the more motivated individuals will be to stick to their plan.
3. Write how it will feel to have this. Imagine being the person they want to become. How does this feel?
4. Write down the opposite, everything they are missing out on by not having done this. These two steps of identifying how achieving their goals will make them feel and what they’re missing out on by not having done so, will give them the leverage they’ll need to push through the inertia that stops most people.
5. Lastly, decide what one simple step they can take, right now, to move toward their desires and do it. This confirms to their subconscious mind that they are serious about making changes and sets their goal into motion.
Jim Donovan is an internationally recognized authority in the personal development industry, whose books are published in 22 countries. Several of Jim’s books have been proclaimed self-help classics. His seminars have motivated audiences of all ages and from all walks of life. For almost two decades, Jim has positively impacted the lives of people worldwide. For more information, visit www.jimdonovan.com
Contact: JIM DONOVAN